This post is the first of a series showing the tools we use at Toast Studio—tools that enable a design studio like ours to work in high gear.
As an agency (as for many other companies), we very often have to send loads of large files that wouldn’t go through via email.
Just mail a DVD or a flash drive. Whaa? Are ya kiddin’ me?! At Toast, our service of choice is WeTransfer. We tried almost all of them and this one is our favourite. Why? Well, here are a few reasons why:
- No account or registering necessary–works on the spot.
- Free, so you can tell your clients to use it when sending you large files.
- Gorgeous, sinple and efficient interface.
- No bells or whistles, just the bare essentials.
- 2GB maximum per transfer (1 or more files).
- Flawless and intuitive email notifications.
- Possibility to create your own white-label service.
- Did we mention the gorgeous interface?
Seriously, we’re ages away from the complexity of YouSendIt or the implications behind Dropbox. We think that simple needs demand a simple service, thus WeTransfer. If you don’t know it, check it out. You should.
Our series about the tools that make Toast go round includes (or will include) these:
- Project Management with ActiveCollab
- Large File Transfer via WeTransfer
- Time Sheets and Invoicing using Meta Communciation Workgroups
- Data Backup on JungleDisk
- Our Twitter Presence through Hootsuite
- Online presentations using Join.Me and Adobe Acrobat Connect
- Content Management on Drupal and WordPress
- Source code Management with SVN
- Web Hosting by RackSpace Cloud
- Server Monitoring through ServerDensity