What are the attributes of articles that generate the most social shares on Facebook?
Those of you who know me know that I am a computer engineer (I’m not a practitioner, however!).
So the geek in me is attracted to numbers, systems and analysis.
Neil Patel, who owns the “Ubersuggest” tool, also appreciates this type of content and has used the data collected through their tool to analyze the attributes of 5,860,631,392 articles shared on Facebook over time in 64 languages.
In an article published on his platform, he highlights some of the elements that seem, depending on how many times they are shared, to encourage readers to share what they have read and seen.
Here are some interesting elements:
- How-To’s are the most popular;
- Articles with a 7-word title generate a higher level of sharing than any other length;
- The more images an article contains, the more it will be shared;
- Your “list” type content should have as many elements as possible;
- Articles between 5,000 and 10,000 words are the most shared.
Other statistics are taken from their data, including the emotion of the article, news versus evergreen, and a few others.